22nd Youth Meeting LEDNICA 2000
On 2nd June 2018 at Lednickie Pola, the baptismal place of our country, a 22nd Youth Meeting LEDNICA 2000 will take place under a title „I Am”.
During this year’s meeting we will share a thought we learned from St. John Paul II and sainted Jan Góra OP which was: „A human, as the only creature on Earth, whose God wanted for Himself, cannot wholly find himself, unless he makes a selfless gift of his own person”.
INVITATION FROM LEDNICA 2000 COMMUNITY SHEPHERDS
Last year we were leaving Lednickie Pola carried by the words „Go and love”. Yet, in meetings with others we quickly discovered that our love is not enough. We felt both enthusiasm and discouragement, which was caused by our failure. We often felt and heard from other people that we were not enough, too. How in such case can we save our longing for love without losing the sense of existence?
For these reasons we need Lednica – the place of a clear look at ourselves and others. During the 22nd meeting we will be led by words „I Am”. We are going to collectively discover how valuable we are in God’s eyes. We are wanted by Him – We were born out of His love and we are heading for the same love. In Lednica God will explain to us the core of life: longing for love is a sign of his caring look at us, whereas failures to show love never measure our value. „I Am” is a synthesis of a sentence loved by Father Jan Góra and repeated by John Paul II: „A human, as the only creature on Earth, whose God wanted for Himself, cannot wholly find himself, unless he makes a selfless gift of his own person”.
This year, Lednica will be our meeting with the God’s view. We will discover our own „I am” in Him. Delighted by our beauty in God’s eyes, we will pass it to our surroundings. We will become a selfless gift for others.
It is worthwhile to meet in Lednica– the place of a clear look at a human. Invite your friends and families – let us be together on 2nd June 2018!
o. Wojciech Prus OP i o. Mateusz Kosior OP
LEDNICA 2000 Community Shepherds
The Polish Nationwide Youth Meeting LEDNICA 2000 (known under the name of Lednica) is one of the main annual meetings of Polish catholic youth organized in the neighbourhood of the city of Poznań, in Lednickie Pola (near the Lednica Lake, which is claimed to be a place, where our first monarch, Mieszko I was baptised in 966). It is the world’s biggest cyclic religious youth gathering (excluding meetings with the Pope). The meetings of Lednica were started in 1997 by a well-known Dominican, Father Jan Góra who died on 21st December 2015, aged 67. Now Lednica’s shepherds are Fathers: Wojciech Prus OP and Mateusz Kosior OP. The meetings are organized every year and always take place on first Saturday of June. These gatherings are very important demonstrations of catholic youth activity in Poland. Pope John Paul II every year sent a special message to the participants of Lednica meetings. This tradition was continued by his successor Benedict XVI. After his resignation, it is realised by Pope Francis.
The Poland-wide Youth Meeting Lednica 2000 (known as Lednica) is a major annual gathering of Polish Catholic youth, organized near Poznań in Lednica (near the Lednica lake, which is believed to be the place where the first Polish monarch, Mieszko I was baptized in 966). It is the largest regular religious youth meeting in the world (with exception of those attended by the Pope). Lednica gatherings were initiated in 1997 by the famous Dominican friar Jan Góra. On 21 December 2015 he died at the age of 67. Since then, Dominicans Wojciech Prus and Maciej Soszyński are priests of Lednica. The meetings are organized every year and always take place on the first Saturday of June. The gatherings are significant demonstrations of Catholic youth activity in Poland. Pope John Paul II sent an annual special message to participants of Lednica. This tradition was continued by his successor, Benedict XVI. After his papal resignation, the tradition is continued by pope Francis.
Pope John Paul II sent an annual special message to participants of Lednica. This tradition was continued by his successor, Benedict XVI. After his papal resignation, the tradition is continued by pope Francis.
If you would like to participate in 20th Youth Meeting Lednica 2000, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- 2 June 1997 (20 000 participants) – We have to go
- 30 May 1998 (50 000 participants) – Never alone
- 4 June 1999 (60 000 participants) – To see the reason
- 10 June 2000 (70 000 participants) – Choose Christ!
- 2 June 2001 (90 000 participants) – Duc in altum!
- 18 May 2002 (100 000 participants) – Invite Christ
- 7 June 2003 (140 000 participants) – The talent liturgy
- 29 May 2004 (180 000 participants) – Let us be caught in the net of love!
- 4 June 2005 (150 000 participants) – Let us meet by the Source
- 3 June 2006 (70 000 participants) – Christ is the way
- 2 June 2007 (45 000 participants) – Send me (with the presence of Cardenal Stanisław Dziwisz)
- 7 June 2008 (70 000 participants) – I called you friends! (with the presence of Archbishop Kazimierz Nycz)
- 6 June 2009 (97 000 participants) – Recognize a time!
- 5 June 2010 (80 000 participants) – The Gift and Mystery of Womanhood
- 4 June 2011 (80 000 participants) – JP2 – Sanctity is what counts!
- 2 June 2012 (60 000 participants) – Love will find You!
- 1 June 2013 (80 000 participants) – In the name of the Father
- 7 June 2014 (60 000 participants) – In the name of the Son
- 6 June 2015 (70 000 participants) – In the name of the Holy Spirit
- 4 June 2016 (65 000 participants) – AMEN